WINDY CITY TIMES
||Queen + Adam Lambert release first live album
Queen + Adam Lambert have released their first-ever live album, Queen + Adam Lambert: Live Around the World.
The release is in CD, CD+DVD, CD+Blu-ray and vinyl formats.
The set presents a compilation of concert highlights captured the world over personally selected by Queen members Brian May and Roger Taylor as well as Lambert from more than 200 shows they have performedwith several features here becoming available for the very first time.
The formats cover concerts in Europe, Asia, North America and South America as well asfrom one of their very last performances before lockdownthe Fire Fight Australia benefit show.
All formats include the band's entire 22-minute Fire Fight Australia appearance in which they performed Queen's original 1985 Live Aid set in full: "Bohemian Rhapsody," "Radio Ga Ga," "Hammer To Fall," "Crazy Little Thing Called Love," "We Will Rock You" and "We are The Champions."
The trailer is at www.youtube.com/watch .
| ARTICLES YOU MIGHT LIKE|
|Jeannie Tanner releases inspirational song, art-inclusive video
- Local singer-songwriter Jeannie Tanner has released her new single and video, "I Wanna Be the Change." According to a press release, the song was inspired by many of the speeches of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. ...
|Linda Ronstadt, Danny Glover, Beto O' Rourke in 'All Souls to the Polls'
- More than 50 artists, social justice and grassroots activists from across the country have created two nights of concerts to spur national voter turnout, with "All Souls to the Polls" on Oct. 17-18 at 7 p.m. ...
|50-50 All Souls to the Polls benefit concert to get out the vote 2020-10-13|
--From a press release - Oct. 13, 2020-(Chicago, IL) - A coalition of the nation's top arts presenters have joined forces to create a 6 hour "People's Benefit Concert" to spur Get Out The Vote action in all fifty states. More ...
|Sarah Brightman in Chicago in Dec. 2021 2020-10-13|
- Soprano Sarah Brightman will bring "HYMN: Sarah Brightman In Concert" to the historic Auditorium Theatre, 50 E. Ida B. Wells Dr., on Friday, Dec. 10, 2021 at 8 p.m. CDT. To enhance her world of enchantment, ...
|Philharmonic orchestra's free virtual concert Oct. 24
- Illinois Philharmonic Orchestra (IPO), named 2020 Professional Orchestra of the Year by Illinois Council of Orchestras, announced its virtual opening night concert, "IPO Reimagined," featuring 30 IPO string players performing ...
|Collaborate Arts Institute to mark 10th anniversary 2020-10-12|
- Collaborative Arts Institute of Chicago (CAIC), 7409 N. Greenview Ave., is celebrating its 10th-anniversary season with fall offerings that include the annual Collaborative Works Festival, two recitals as part of the Lieder Lounge series and the ...
|SHOWBIZ Diversity report, Zachary Quinto, 'Schitt's Creek,' Mariah Carey 2020-10-12|
- In a new report from the UCLA-based Center for Scholars and Storytellers titled "Beyond Checking A Box: A Lack of Authentically Inclusive Representation Has Costs at the Box Office," researchers found that bringing authentic diversity to ...
|"All Souls to the Polls" concerts to help fund GOTV efforts 2020-10-11|
--From a press release - Chicago, ILAdding art to the urgency of ensuring a robust voter turnout for what all consider to be 'the most important election of our lifetimes, more than 50 artists and activists from 50 states have created ...
|SHOWBIZ Whitney Houston, all-trans 'Brokeback,' Sam Smith, 'Chicago Med' 2020-10-05|
- A hologram of the late Whitney Houston was used in a livestream showallegedly without permission from her estate, NME.com reported. Hologram USA founder Alki David had originally worked on Houston's likeness in 2016. The hologram appeared ...
|Around the World in 80 Minutes, Chicago Gay Men's Chorus virtual cabaret in October 2020-10-01|
--From a press release - CHICAGO, October 1, 2020 Chicago Gay Men's Chorus kicks off Season 37 with Around the World in 80 Minutes, a virtual cabaret featuring a small cast of 24 virtual performers that will take you on ...
|Feminist icon/singer Helen Reddy dies at 78
- Helen Reddythe Australian-born singer whose 1972 hit song "I Am Woman" made her a feminist icondied Sept. 29 in Los Angeles. She was 78. According to The New York Times, Reddy suffered for decades from Addison's ...
MUSIC Davis Mallory name-drops Jane Fonda with new song 2020-09-29|
- Openly gay singer Davis Mallory has debuted a new pop song called "Jane Fonda" for the masses. The track was written in Stockholm, Sweden and the video was directed by Cooper Smith in Nashville, Tennessee. Many ...
|Artist-led "Retreat" to provide platform for creatives in food, music, art 2020-09-27|
--From a press release - CHICAGO — Rebuild Foundation, the arts, education and cultural development organization founded by artist Theaster Gates, and Dorchester Industries today announced the opening of "RETREAT," an artist-led activation aimed at ...
|Legacy Walk to honor Freddie Mercury, Sylvester Oct. 11 2020-09-27|
- The Legacy Project will honor the late music superstars Freddie Mercury and Sylvester in a virtual event Sunday, Oct. 11, 3-5 p.m., featuring multimedia, historians, tribute performances and a ceremony revealing their bronze memorials at the ...
|Artemis Singers marks 40th anniversary with virtual panel 2020-09-27|
- To celebrate Artemis Singer's 40th anniversary, Gerber/Hart Library and Archives hosted a Sept. 26 virtual panel discussion on the past, present and future of the chorus. Artemis Singers holds the distinction of being the first lesbian ...